Friday May 25th 2018
Canfor prepared answers to the questions that were received prior to the May 17th meeting. To see these answers please click here.
Friday May 18th 2018
The District of Fort St. James with support from Tom Greenaway Director for Area”C” of the Regional District of Bulkley Nechako hosted a Public Meeting on the North Road on Thursday May 17th 2018.
There were 10 presenters who spoke on the proposed change to the North Road from a Highway to a Forest Service Road. Copies of the presentations can be found by clicking on the links below. Joanne Vinnedge moderated the meeting.
- Kalin Urich representing Canfor (Presentation)
- Bruce McClean representing Apollo/Sinclar (Presentation)
- Andrew McLellan representing Conifex (Presentation)
- Phil Welten representing Mt. Milligan/ Centerra Gold (Presentation)
- Chief Alec McKinnon representing Nak’azdli Whut’en
- Heather Reekie local resident (Presentation) (ICBC Information)
- Valerie Crowley local resident (Presentation)
- Director Tom Greenaway representing Area “C” Regional District of Bulkley Nechako
- MLA John Rustad
- Mayor Rob MacDougall
The District of Fort St. James collected questions that were provided to each of the presenters on May 16th. These questions can be found by clicking here. Some of these questions were answered during the Public Meeting while others could not be answered at this time.
The District recorded minutes for this meeting. If you would like to view the minutes please click here.