This Marion steam shovel was brought to the area in the mid-1930’s by Thomas A. Kelley. It travelled under its own steam to Fort St. James, then barged to Takla Landing for its final 19 miles to Tom Creek. The shovel was transported to Cottonwood Park in 1994. The steam shovel has been restored and preserved as a tribute to the pioneer families who contributed to the growth and development of our region during the first half of the 20th century.
Tom Creek Steam Shovel Fort St James 2017-09-27T11:36:10+00:00