This church, located on Lakeshore Drive overlooking Stuart Lake, was built in 1878. It is one of the oldest wood constructed Catholic churches in British Columbia. Situated behind the church is the cabin in which Father Morice printed the Carrier Prayer Books and newspapers.
A few hundred yards past the church is the cemetery, where headstones can be seen written in the Carrier syllabics developed by Father Morice, a “person of national historic significance”. Visitors are reminded that this graveyard is consecrated ground, still in use, and to please conduct themselves respectfully.