FRIDAY, APRIL 27, 2018, 8:30 hrs
PUBLIC NOTIFICATION IS HEREBY ISSUED BY
THE REGIONAL DISTRICT OF BULKLEY-NECHAKO
REGARDING SPRING FRESHET
As temperatures rise and snow continues to melt throughout the region, the Regional District of Bulkley-Nechako is advising residents to prepare for an increased risk of flooding.
If you live in an area that may be subject to flooding, please consider the following.
- Prepare an emergency kit for each family member with enough supplies for up to one week
- Move property that can be damaged by flood waters to higher ground
- Pay attention to local media for flood or emergency information
- Be aware of the potential of erosion and unstable banks
- Exercise caution while recreating around fast flowing rivers and tributaries
- Make a plan for pets and livestock
For further flood proofing information go to https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/safety/emergency-preparedness-response-recovery/preparedbc/know-the-risks/floods . Please check the BC River Forecast Centre website (http://bcrfc.env.gov.bc.ca) for up to date information regarding river advisories in your area.
If flooding occurs, situation updates will be posted on the Regional District of Bulkley-Nechako website www.rdbn.bc.ca or our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/BulkleyNechakoEmergencyInfo/ .
If you have a flooding emergency please contact the RDBN at 250-692-3195 or 1-800-320-3339, Monday to Friday 8:30 am – 4:30 pm. After hour Emergency Calls should be directed to 1-800-663-3456.
Melany DeWeerdt, CAO
Freshet 2018 – Media Release #1