Proper hygiene can help reduce the risk of infection or spreading the infection to others follow these simple steps to help keep yourself and others safe:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Being considerate when coughing or sneezing by using a tissue or the crease of your elbow.
- Dispose of used tissues as soon as possible in a wastebasket and wash your hands afterwards.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- wave instead of shaking hands.
- Practice social distancing by always having 1-2 meter(s) of personal space.
- Limit contact with anyone who is unwell.
Need the Facts?
NON-MEDICAL information: 1-888-268-4319
Northern Health Online Clinic: 1-844-645-7811
Want to know more about the provincial response to COVID-19?
If you and your family members develop symptoms, call 1-844-645-7811 for more information and what to do.
SELF ASSESSMENT TOOL – Online Self Assessment Tool
Learn more about protecting yourself and your family members:
(Click to open the link)
Online COVID-19 Personal Assessment Tool.
Handwashing on HealthLinkBC
BC Centre for Disease Control
BC Ministry of Health
Health Canada Guidelines for COVID-19
Employment Insurance (EI) during Covid19: to apply call 1-833-381-2725 for information visit HERE.