In response to COVID-19 Canada Day is moving… Online! Through guidance from Federal and Provincial health authorities this year’s Canada Day Celebration will be virtual. The health and safety of our event attendees, volunteers, sponsors, vendors and suppliers is of the utmost importance to us. We welcome the community of Fort St. James to participate in our virtual activities and keep the magic of this annual celebration and community spirit alive!
Share your pride as Canadians with us on July 1!
Canada Day celebrations will continue in 2020 as a virtual experience that unites our diverse community. In order to celebrate our Canadian pride while practising physical distancing, the District will host Fort St. James’ first-ever virtual Canada Day celebrations!
The District’s virtual Canada Day celebrations will take place here, online, on Wednesday, July 1, 2020.
These initiatives are still in the planning stage so check back frequently to see the progress.
- Sing, dance, act or other entertainers? Demonstration? Non-Profit
- Looking for entertainers for Canada Day concert, (a small honorarium will be paid)
- Entertainment will be filmed ahead of time
- Videos will be played Canada Day on our Facebook page and our local TV Society’s station.
- Contact District Office to book your video session.
- Deadline for application (click) is June 12th. More information contact the District Office 250-996-8233
- Calling all pets!
- Let’s celebrate our loving companions as well as Canada’s Birthday with Fort St. James’ first Virtual Pet Parade!
- All pets living in Fort St. James and area are welcome to join our Virtual Pet Parade! Dogs, cats, snakes, cows, llamas…
- Submit a 15 second video of your pet strutting their stuff or a picture of them showing off their Canadian pride! All submissions will be reviewed by our Parade Judges who will select a Pet Parade Winner and award prizes for Best Canadian Spirit!
- Take part in this year’s festivities and register now!
- Deadline for entry (click) is June 25th.
- A “Decorate Your Doorway” contest
- looking for volunteers to help judge.
- There will be 3 prizes awarded to the winners.
- The winners will receive a gift certificate to the Fort St. James merchant of their choice.
- Street Sing of “O, Canada”
- At 1 pm on Canada Day a fire siren will sound. This is the signal for people to start singing “O, Canada” from their windows, porches or driveways.
- Don’t remember all the words? We’ll post the lyrics ahead of time.
- Canada Day Trivia Quiz
- Posted on our website: fortstjames.ca and Facebook page
- Starts June 1st and runs until July 1st
- Each week will have a new category
- Monday through Friday will be a new question
- Answers will be posted the next day.
- You can join in:
- Starting on June 15th post your favourite memory of past Canada Days on our Facebook page
- Take a selfie, post it on our Facebook page and tell us how you are planning to celebrate this year
- We will make a collage of them to run on Canada Day
This project is funded in part by the Government of Canada / Ce projet est financé en partie par le gouvernement du Canada: