Licenses & Permits

Burning Permits

All open burning in Fort St. James requires a burning permit, pursuant to the Fire Regulation Bylaw.  Most types of burning are prohibited, but the Fire Chief may issue permits for backyard campfires, and in some circumstances, land clearing waste.  Burning garbage, yard waste or grass is not permitted.  Burning permits issued are free of charge and can be obtained at the municipal office or at the fire hall.

Dog Licenses

The District’s Animal Regulation Bylaw requires that all dogs kept within municipal boundaries be licenced.  Annual dog licences can be purchased at the District office for a small fee.

Other Permits and Licenses

The District of Fort St James also provides Business Licenses and permits to be used during Planning and Building.